Sunday, June 14, 2009

I always wanted a pond!




While we were at church I could hear that there was a massive thunderstorm rolling through! I had no idea. There was standing water in the parking lot that stretched from one side to the other. Water splashed over cars as they pulled out of the parking lot. We had to find an alternative route home because water would have reached almost the top of our tires if we tried to turn at the corner we normally do. Our garden is now the pond I always dreamed of. Except it looks dirty and ugly. In the picture above you may notice that you can see a flower. That flower is under water. The flowers used to be in my house, but I was chastised on how I didn't water them and they were dying. I planted them maybe a week and a half ago and they have been getting plenty of water since.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ohhhhhhh wow! Well the silver lined was Ty was having a "play day" in all that water in the parking lot, driving up and down the road! Hahaha! P.S. Good Job on your marathon!

mariann and Tory said...

HOLY SMOKIES! That looks totally awesome! Did it get into your basement? I wish it would rain here like that!!! And you always wanted a pond anyways!! So cool!

duff said...

Mariann the last time it rained like that down there a lot of people lost houses and cried a lot.