Wednesday, June 3, 2009

26.2




If you ever have the urge to run a marathon-I highly recommend it! If I can finish-you can too! I have to admit, it was the funnest thing I have ever done. All those weeks of traning, wondering why am I doing this, pays off in the end. It was an amazing feeling to turn that last corner and to see the finish line. It was even better to see Brad at the end. Water never tasted so good and walking never hurt so bad. I wanted to do a "I did it" dance, but my legs thought it best not to do anymore than I had to. It was the most painful punishment to run this marathon-I am not going to sugar coat it. I wanted to cry every time I saw stairs. I think I even broke my foot, though I haven't gone in to see a doctor. My joints and muscles protested any type of movement I made for a few days. Even with all that pain, I am willing to do it again. I never have felt so good about an accomplishment then I did about this one. I can now cross off one more item from my "Things to do before I die" list. CHECK! Thanks Holly for convincing me to do this. I would never would have done it without your encouragement. Next time though-you are running it with me.

No comments: