Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cumin vs Cinnamon

Did you know that when you make french toast, it is a good idea to use cinnamon instead of cumin? I decided this tonight. I was making french toast, of course, and it smelled like tacos. I really didn' t know why. As I was cleaning up I opened up my spice cupboard and my cinnamon was staring me in the face while I holding what I thought was the bottle. Let me explain a little. A few weeks ago, I noticed that my spice cupboard was getting a little cramped and decided to clean out a bit. I had a few repeat spices-spices that I already had and had bought more of- and decided to combine them-therefore making more room. Just because a label has a C on it doesn't necessarily mean that it is cinnamon. Just in case you are thinking of cleaning out your spice cupboard and don't read label very closely. I must have put the cumin in with the cinnamon. Moral of story- Cumin does not make great french toast. Syrup doesn't hide the taste. No- the kids will not eat it either, we already tried.

3 comments:

Bradshaw's said...

Ahh, Steph that is why I love ya! :)

mariann and Tory said...

Oh good! I thought I was the only one who did that too! I made super the other day and it calls for 1 can of diced green chilis. I added I can of diced jalopeno peppers! Darn can looks the SAME!!! The kids kept saying the soup was hot and i kept telling them to suck it up and eat it!!

Melissa said...

That's great! I love it! You can call it Taco Toast! Hahaha! Glad to see you've included a little ethnicity into your food!