Thursday, October 2, 2008

The girl who cries "wolf" and those who don't listen


Little Joe has a tendency to scream whenever she has the urge. We have tried to explain that she uses that scream only when blood or death is involved, but to no avail. We hear her scream all too often and don't rush to her aid as we probably should. Well today I should have. I was upstairs while she was downstair and I heard the scream. I just sat there upstairs and called to her to come up to me. By the time she arrived blood had streamed down her face and it was all over her hands and in her hair. Oops, I guess she really was hurt. I tried to get her to tell me what happened, but I couldn't understand her over her screams. The cut really wasn't that bad, but I sure do feel like a bad parent. Poor Joe! We really do love her, I promise.

6 comments:

mariann and Tory said...

Poor Jo-Jo! I thnk it is time to invest in a rubber room! Serious. rubber. room. Would help her a ton!
Poor Jo-Jo!
Did she ever tell you what she did?

Melissa said...

Ohhh, don't worry, she'll forgive you. So sad! :(

The Bailey's said...

OH shoot! Yeah I know that story all to well. josi thinks she needs a bandaid for everything. I really hate it when my kids get hurt that bad! Oh and I imagine Jo is exactly what you looked like as a kid.

Bradshaw's said...

She kind of reminds me of someone...who is it... I can't put my finger on it. A little girl who has a ton of luck..is it Kelly, maybe Heather or me, or you know who it could be maybe Steph. You know what I bet it is all four of them and it has to do with the Clark's luck :) Tell Jo I said sorry she got hurt and that I can feel her pain.

mariann and Tory said...

Hey Stephie,
You got tagged!

Bonnie B. said...

She is soooo cute! Love that face!!